The Statistical Consulting Center offers consultation for statistical problems in the clients' research areas. This is a free service offered to American University faculty, staff, and students (dissertations, theses, and Capstones) by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. We do not help with homework or tutoring. We also provide services to clients from off-campus. The Statistical Consulting Center operates with graduate students enrolled in the American University’s statistics MS programs supervised by statistics faculty.
Location: On-Line (link will be provided when you contact us)
Hours we are open: Spring Semester, Fridays, 2:30pm to 5:20 pm
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director: Aleka Kapatou email@example.com, 202-885-6471
- Availability during walk-in hours is subject to the number of clients present.
- We reserve the right to limit the amount of time dedicated to a single client.
- If your needs are outside the scope of our center, we may refer you to an outside resource.
Consulting services include the following:
- Determination of sample sizes and randomization of subjects to include in an experiment or survey
- Design of a survey sampling and optimal experiments
- Choice of the proper statistical methods for studies and experiments
- Transformation and import of data into desired statistical software packages
- Interpretation of statistical analysis results
- Assessment of the power of your statistical tests (power analysis)
- Software support for major statistical software packages: R, SPSS, SAS, STATA, etc.
- Assistance with the statistics section of your manuscript before you submit to a journal