Performing Arts Department
Learn more about auditioning for entrance into DPA degree programs:
- Music Degree Program Auditions
- Theatre/Musical Theatre Degree Program Auditions
- Dance Program Placement Auditions
Audition for Performance Opportunities
Learn more about auditioning for musical ensembles, dance, and theatre:
Performance & Ensemble Auditions
Book by Enda Walsh
Music & Lyrics by Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová
Based on the Motion Picture Written and Directed by John Carney
March 30-31, 8 p.m. April 1, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. April 2, 2 p.m.
Directed by Colleen Sullivan
Music Direction by Marci Shegogue
Movement Direction by Thadd McQuade
Harold and Sylvia Greenberg Theatre, 4200 Wisconsin Ave. NW
Dublin, mid 2000s. An Irish busker meets a young Czech woman and in five days they discover the healing power of music together. In this soft-spoken story of romance, cultural and musical chemistry, the cast sing and play their own instruments for all the songs, including the Oscar-winning Falling Slowly from the indie film Once.
Once is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.
View all upcoming events from American University Arts.
News & Notes
- Audio Technology: Alumni Kyle Murdock (CAS '21), a sound designer at VICE Audio, won a Third Coast International Audio Festival award for podcast he composed and engineered, and a series he worked on, Authentic: The Story of Tablo, was listed as one of the year's best podcasts by Vulture.
- Arts Management: Arts Management alumnae Jasmine Jiang (CAS '19) was appointed Managing Director of Pig Iron Theatre Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Dance: Professorial Lecturer Ama Law performs at the Kennedy Center's National Dance Day celebration as part of Project ChArma, a collective of teaching artists, hip hop guardians, DMV representatives, parents, lovers, achievers, students, and hip hop ambassadors who promote social change through movement.
- Music: Daniel Abraham released a CD, ALTISSIMA: Works for High Baroque Trumpet, a collaboration with trumpeter Josh Cohen. The CD was reviewed by the Cumbria Times, three BBC radio programs, and reached no. 7 on the UK Classical Lists, (specialist classical charts.)
- Theatre/Musical Theatre: Theatre professor Aaron Posner directed William Shakespeare's The Tempest at Round House Theatre in Washington, DC. The play was reviewed by The Washington Post, and Posner was interviewed by BroadwayWorld.
- General Performing Arts
- Richard Streeks at 202-885-3422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arts Management
- Andrew Taylor at 202-885-1601 or email@example.com
- Audio Technology
- Michael Harvey at 202-885-6302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Erin Foreman-Murray at 202-885-3942 or email@example.com
- Ann Kang at 202-885-3859 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre/Musical Theatre
- Karl Kippola at 202-885-3464 or email@example.com
AU Orchestra and Band Play the Ukrainian Anthem
To show solidarity and support for Ukraine, the American University Orchestra and Band in Washington, DC recorded the Ukrainian National Anthem on March 2, 2022.
Want to Learn More?
Share your interest in our programs and opportunities—a program representative will reach out to you.
Share My Interest