Fax: 202 885 1154
Main Office (Anderson Hall):
Mon-Fri: 9 AM-5 PM;
Anderson, Room 1st Floor Anderson on a mapHousing & Residence Life 4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016-8101 United States
Information for incoming 2023-2024 students will be updated shortly.
Welcome to AU! We're thrilled to have you as a member of the AU residential community! To help you transition to D.C. and the AU campus, we have organized this page just for you as a transfer student.
On-campus housing is in high demand, so it is important that students submit their enrollment and housing deposits to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible to secure a space. If you have any questions regarding the deposit process, please contact the Office of Admissions through email@example.com.
How Do I Apply for On-Campus Housing?
The application opens in the AU Housing Portal on Wednesday, June 15, 2022 for students who have already submitted a housing deposit with AU Admissions.
- Students who deposit after June 15, 2022 will receive access to the AU Housing Portal within 3-5 business days of their deposit.
The housing application priority deadline for is Thursday, July 7, 2022.
How Are Housing Assignments Processed?
- You can review information about all of our residence halls on our website.
- Are transfer students guaranteed housing?
- Incoming transfer students are guaranteed housing on AU’s main campus or in university-affiliated off-campus housing if they submit an enrollment deposit and housing application by July 7, 2022.
- Transfer students who did not complete a housing application by July 7 will be housed if spaces remains, but should be prepared to search for Off-Campus Housing.
- Where are transfer students assigned housing?
- Transfer students with fewer than 36 credits at the time of admission are assigned in one of our residence halls for first-year or sophomore students. Available room types are traditional double with community style bathrooms, traditional triple with community style bathrooms, and suite-style double with a single bathroom shared amongst suitemates.
- Transfer students with 36 or more credits at the time of admission are assigned within our sophomore or upperclass communities. Available room types are traditional double, traditional triple, suite-style double, and apartment-style.
How Are Roommates Assigned?
Housing assignments will be made utilizing the housing type preference and My Roommate Profile answers provided on the housing application.
When Will I Know Where I Am Living?
Transfer housing assignments (location, room number and room type, as well as roommate(s) information will be released via a student's AU email account and available within the AU Housing Portal on July 23 for any student that applies by the priority deadline.