Office of General Counsel 4400 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016-8165 United States
AU Community Discrimination and Non-Title IX Sexual Misconduct
- Discrimination, Discriminatory Harassment, Non-Title IX Sexual Misconduct, Dating and Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking
- Responsible Executive:
- Chief of Staff to the President
- Responsible Office(s):
- Campus Life; Human Resources; Dean of Faculty
- Related Policies:
Student Conduct Code
Staff Personnel Policies Manual
WCL Faculty Manual
WCL Honor Code
- August 13, 2020
- Last Revised:
- August 24, 2021
Procedures & Guidelines
- Procedures for Employees Requesting Religious Accomodations
- Procedure for Disability and Accessibilty Accommodations - Faculty & Staff
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin by receipients of federal financial assistance.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits sex discrimination by educational institutions (“Title IX”).
- Violence Against Women Act 2013 addresses violent crimes against women.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975 prohibits discrimination based on age in programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination based on age in employment.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the DC Human Rights Act prohibit discrimination in employment in general.
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibit discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- Equal Pay Act prohibits discrimination based on sex in the payment of wages.